1.31.2012

The Paper Mama Self Portrait Challenge



















I recently started following The Paper Mama.  From what I can tell Chelsey is a great mom, creative, and a great wife.  She recently blogged about the negativity of comments on a blog.  Although it may be easy to say that disregarding such nonsense, it can be hard.  Especially when those comments are directed at your physical appearance.  I personally think that we are all beautiful and special, regardless of how much of a cliche you might all think that is.

I have decided to participate in Chelsey's Self-Portrait Challenge.  At one time I thought that it may be perceived as narcissistic to post photos of myself.  But the blog is a part of me and reflection of me.  How could I not?

So here is my Self- Portrait Challenge Entry:





























I love this photo taken in my kitchen as the sun was passing the window.  I like how I am mostly in the light and the darkness is vanishing ( a metaphor of how I like to live life ).  My smile is present and I am looking straight into the camera which symbolizes a sense of confidence.


Obsessing over…
Geometric shapes
Working on…
listening to The Great Courses on Philosophical Thinkers, Montessori games for my girls, drawing and crafting
Thinking about…
Hot Air Balloons & Coffee
Anticipating…
The Growth of my Children but relishing in the Now
Listening to…
Florence and the Machine
Eating…
Scrambled eggs with green onion, English Muffins and strawberries.
Wishing…
I could see my friends more often.

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! PLUS Florence + The Machine is AMAZING :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Crystal, lovely self portrait. I like your symbolism behind it. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Message Lovelies...