1.06.2013

Apothecary Circle: Water Challenge


January we were given the challenge of Hydration.  For me it was so interesting that our first challenge directly connected with my Word of Intention (L'Eau / Water).  It was so encouraging to have a challenge that focused on that very thing that I want to incorporate into my everyday in every way.  I  couldn't have been more excited.

The Challenge is really quite simple:

For 31 days hydrate your body with 80 ounces to 100 ounces of water (for us Canadians that means over 2 litres of water).


  • in the morning there should be a 16 ounce to 32 ounce morning flush.  you drink this before you do anything
  • 64 ounces of water are necessary for pure living alone, but I can incorporate the rest of the quota through herbal teas
  • caffeine, smoothies, commercial juices and soda never count towards the quota
Sounds quite simple, but thus far it has been difficult to put into practice.  Firstly, the day the cleanse began went well, but then I developed a sickness which gave me no appetite and made my stomach protrude painfully.  I patiently waited for it to subside.  It did and then one day I forgot to morning flush and felt the entire day was gone.  Then the digestion issues came back (which I am now seeking professional advice for tomorrow) and I stalled again.  So today marks the official start of my Water Challenge.  I will continue to keep you up to date with my progress but let me just say for now the bathroom is my friend, it has gone really well and only need to consume 1 more cup of water - I'm thinking an herbal tea before bed) and I can sense my skin feeling hydrated.

REFLECTION:

My Goal for this Challenge includes:  balancing out hormones, beautiful skin tone smooth and hydrated, relying on water as my drink of choice, improving digestion.  It is my hope with this challenge to let the process happen, flow with how I'm feeling and stray from a forced-ness that can be so consuming.

Here is to a month of hydration (The Challenge for me will end February 5th in order to catch up on those days I missed - just let it flow Mama).

1 comment:

  1. That's a lot of water....
    I KNOW I don't get enough-great idea to get a bunch in 1st things in the morning. Tomorrow I will try this...if I remember. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Message Lovelies...