10.17.2008

Minutes after giving birth


This is one of Allen and my fave shots of Charlotte and me. It was taken a few minutes after I gave birth to her naturally in Allen's parents home with my midwife Sarah Doyle. It had been a long labor - 25 hours in total - quite exhausting. I had not slept for almost two days, had not eaten (I wanted to but my body wouldn't let me), and lost confidence near the end. By the time my second midwife, Rose arrived, I felt like I was having an out of body experience. I really had no concept of what was going on around me...and believe me I looked it. But when she came out and was placed upon my chest, it seemed that all the depleted energy just transformed itself into a beautiful bliss. EUPHORIC. LIFE CHANGING.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Message Lovelies...